Sup, you. I'm Sarah, the author of Chaotic Mint.
I'm known for my love for food, but also for my love for people. Others often refer to me as an encourager. My main goal when talking to people is to show them they're important. Their stories, their feelings, their interests. Just because it's them. I love serving the world by encouraging others and helping them fall in love with healthy food!
The things I am most passionate about in life are:
- Family: the broken, imperfect, quirky, and hilarious people that are part of my origin story. Investing in these relationships is so important to me.
- Savoring and taking pictures of delicious, whole, healthy food!
- Home design. Make it quirky, mix it up, break rules, make it yours. My muse is a mix of Scandinavian modern and bohemian maximalism.
- Makeup. I. Love. IT. From minimalist natural looks to avant garde (my favorite!)
When I'm not working on Chaotic Mint, you can catch me with a cookbook/food/blogging magazine in my hands or my eyes glued to a blog. Otherwise I'm probably thinking about naps, wine, coffee, or my pets, Pixel (kitty) and Elle (border collie/lab mix). Or wrestling with my lil' nephews and obsessing over literally everything about them. I also often re-watch Chef's Table and analyze/swoon over every dish.
If you're dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me:
- I've smoked a cigar. Not my most favorite thing.
- I have a tattoo, and I probably spend almost half my days daydreaming about having full sleeves.
- I'm a Missouri girl, born and raised.
- I have a phobia of people spitting toothpaste into the sink after brushing their teeth without the water running (JOSHUA).
- I don't like pizza (I'm sorry!! Please be my friend?)